Samsung's take on the Surface Pro, the ATIV Smart PC 500T
Subject: Motherboards | February 18, 2013 - 01:30 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Samsung, ATIV Smart PC 500T, Surface Pro, tablet
Samsung has produced a Surface Pro tablet they call the ATIV Smart PC 500T, which comes paired with a keyboard/docking station. Powered by an 1.5GHz Atom Z2760 and 2GB of DDR2-800 with a 64GB e.MMC iNAND SSD for storage the device the performance will beat a WinRT tablet but it is not going to compete with a laptop. Strangely one of the most advertised features, the S Pen, was not present in the Canadian package so it is not included in this review. Silent PC Review noticed that Samsung are working on the 500T's page, though they do not know if it was to correct the erroneous text stating the S Pen comes with the basic model or simpy to give time to have S Pens shipped and attached. The 11.6" 1366 x 768 screen was washed out in comparison to the Microsoft Surface Pro and it did not seem as sturdy as the Microsoft product either. Check out the full review to get a better idea how this tablet performs.
"Windows 8 is making possible a new class of mobile convertibles that flip between tablet and notebook. The Samsung ATIC Smart PC 500T is one example, based around a new Atom core and built around a big (for tablets) 11.6" screen, but there's an Ivy Bridge upgrade available in the 700T. Meanwhile, Microsoft's Surface Pro shows us a different vision of the convertible."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
- HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15z-b000 Review @ TechReviewSource
- Vizio Thin+Light CT15: Something New and Edgy @ AnandTech
- Origin EON11-S Gaming Notebook @ Tweaktown
- Microsoft Surface Windows 8 Pro Review @ TechReviewSource
- NZXT Cryo X60 Laptop Cooler @ Rbmods
- Sony Xperia Tablet S @ Tweaktown
- Otterbox Defender for Nokia Lumia 920 @ Kitguru
- Analogix SlimPort adapter with the Nexus 4 @ LanOC Review @ LanOC
- verclockersUK Ultima 10.1" IPS Android 4.1 Tablet @ eTeknix
- Google Nexus 7 Tablet 16GB @ Funky Kit
- Nokia Lumia 620 @ The Inquirer
- Google Nexus 4 Smartphone Review 2.0 - Two Months with Google's Superstar Smartphone @ Tweaktown
Get notified when we go live!