S-M-R-T, I am so smart. Intel's new Z68 with SRT is faster than a Homer
Subject: Motherboards | May 11, 2011 - 12:17 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: z68, ssd, srt, msi, Intel
The wait is finally over and we can talk about the high end Sandy Bridge chipset which goes by the moniker Z68. Finally you can use the GPU present in your Intel CPU and a discreet GPU at the same time and be able to overclock as well, which puts the H67 and P67 firmly back into the mid-range where they were intended to be. That is not the only thing that has had enthusiasts waiting, Intel's Smart Response Technology, aka SRT but mostly known as SSD caching which implements cached I/O in a new way. Check out [H]ard|OCP's full review to see what the impact of this technology has on your computing experience while you are waiting for the X79 to arrive.
"Cache I/O isn't a new advancement in storage technology but does play a large role in the future of storage on many Intel systems. Today we look at Intel's new Smart Response Technology and give our thoughts while keeping an eye on the future of consumer storage advances."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- Z68 Express motherboards from Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI @ The Tech Report
- Intel Z68 Chipset & Smart Response Technology (SSD Caching) @ AnandTech
- ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Review: Our First Z68 Motherboard @ AnandTech
- The Intel Z68 Chipset and What It Means To You @ Hardware Secrets
- GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3: Z68 Chipset With Smart Response @ Bjorn3D
- Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 Motherboard Feature Preview @ Ninjalane
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 @ Tweaktown
- Intel Z68 Chipset & Smart Response Technology @ Legit Reviews
- Intel Z68 Chipset Launch Review Featuring Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3 and ASUS P8Z68-V Pro @ HardwareHeaven
- Intel Z68 Review - The Sandy Bridge Platform Expands @ Hardware Canucks
- MSI Z68A-GD80 Review @ OCC
- Gigabyte Z68X UD5 B3 Motherboard Review @ eTeknix
- ASUS P8Z68V PRO Intel Motherboard @ Benchmark Reviews
- ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Z68 Sandy Bridge Motherboard Review @ Hardware Canucks
- ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard Review @Hi Tech Legion
- MSI P67A-GD80 (B3) Review @ Neoseeker
- Gigabyte G1.Assassin Socket 1366 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
Get notified when we go live!