Rawr, ASUS unleashed the X79 Sabertooth
Subject: Motherboards | February 1, 2012 - 05:16 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: asus, Sabertooth, Patsburg, x79, lga 2011
ASUS Sabretooth TUF series has been growing, from the P67 version on the Intel side to the 990FX version for AMD users and now has an X79 model. These boards all feature TUF Thermal Armor which not only gives a unique look but is also intended to provide enhanced cooling. This is a high end family, which features ASUS' customized back panel and a five year warranty to help justify the price. It sports three PCIe 3.0 slots, two at 16x and one at 8x as well as a pair of PCIe 2.0 1x slots and a legacy PCI slot. For storage you four SATA 6Gbps ports and two 6Gbps eSATA ports split between three controllers as well as four 3Gbps ports. You also enjoy a half dozen USB 3.0 ports and even Firewire. Take a look at one of ASUS best offerings for LGA2011 processors at Hardware Canucks.
"In mid November we saw the launch of the enthusiast-based Sandy Bridge Extreme platform along with the X79 (code name Patsburg) chipsets and since then we have brought you reviews of the i7-3960X CPU and the Rampage IV Extreme motherboard. Today we continue our walk down the LGA2011 road and bring you another highly anticipated board from ASUS: the Sabertooth X79."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ECS X79R-AX Black Series Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- Sapphire PURE Black X79N @ Tweaktown
- Gigabyte GA-X79-UD7: Mainboard for LGA 2011 CPUs Overclocking @ X-bit Labs
- Gigabyte X79 UD3 Motherboard Review @ Ninjalane
- ASUS P9X79 WS Workstation Motherboard @ Benchmark Reviews
- ASRock X79 Extreme9 Review - Price For Performance? @ AnandTech
- ASUS P8H67-M Evo Intel H67 Express Motherboard Review @ PCSTATS
- ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT Mini-ITX @ Kitguru
- BIOS Option Of The Week - PSB Parking @ TechARP
- ASUS F1A75-M Pro Review - Micro-ATX Llano at $110 @ AnandTech