Rampage III Formula Intel X58, ROG performance without breaking the bank?
Subject: Motherboards | April 22, 2011 - 06:38 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
At a mere $299 the Rampage III Formula Intel X58 board is actually a mid-range ROG part, the Extreme version will run you an extra $80. The question that Think Computers wanted to answer is simple, is there anything on the Formula that makes it worth the extra dough compared to a non-ROG board? By the time they were finished with the board they were sold on it.
"ASUS’s top tier line of products is the Republic of Gamers line of products otherwise known as ROG. If you are purchasing an ROG product you know you are getting the best of the best and something that is going to last you a long time. With any line it is broken up into segments, Extreme being the highest, Formula being in the middle and Gene at the lower end. Today we will be taking a look at the Rampage III Formula board and from the name we know it sits in the middle. This is an Intel X58 board that has many of the features of its more expensive brother the Rampage III Extreme for a more reasonable price. Let’s take a look and see if this board is perfect for your next build!"
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution @ Bjorn3D
- ECS P67H2-A2 @ Phoronix
- ASUS Sabertooth P67 - B3 Revision Motherboard Review @ HardwareHeaven
- ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional Motherboard Review @ Madshrimps
- Gigabyte X58-OC @ OC3D
- Foxconn P67A-S @ iXBT Labs
- MSI P67A-GD65 Socket 1155 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
- MSI Big Bang Marshal @ Funky Kit
- GIGABYTE G1 Assassin X58 Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- Zotac H67-ITX: Sandy Bridge for Mini-ITX @ SPCR
- BIOS Option Of The Week - SDRAM Bank Interleave @ Tech ARP