More fun with AMD's new 990FX chipset
Subject: Motherboards | June 27, 2011 - 03:08 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Sabertooth, asus, amd, 990fx
The ASUS Sabertooth 990FX is not a ROG board as you might expect, instead it bears a logo describing it as a member of "THE ULTIMATE FORCE" aka TUF. This AM3+ board still features some serious extras, from TUF components and MemOK as well as DIGI+ VRM which denotes an 8+2 power phases on the board and the ability to run 2 of it's 3 PCIe slots at a full 16x simultaneously. Legit Reviews used the Phenom II X6 1100T BE to power the system during their testing as we are still awaiting the release of the AM3+ CPUs from AMD. From their testing this $200 board takes top spot, USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbp/s performance were significantly ahead of the 890FX board they compared the Sabertooth to, making this a worthy upgrade for AMD users.
"ASUS hit the mark with the Sabertooth 990FX! The Sabertooth 990FX was able to dig its teeth into everything we threw at it and be the dominant force in the charts! If you're in the market for a motherboard the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX should be at the top of your short list..."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASUS Crosshair V Formula Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 Motherboard Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7: Ready Bulldozer, AM3+ @ Bjorn3D
- Asus F1A75-M Pro Llano Motherboard Preview @ eTeknix
- ASUS F1A75-V Pro @ TechARP
- BIOS Option Of The Week - SDRAM CAS Latency Time @ TechARP
- ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- MSI Z68MA-ED55 @ Tweaktown
- Gigabyte X58A-OC Sub Zero @ OC3D
- ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Performance @ Tweaktown
- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 @ Pro-clockers
- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3-B3 @ Funky Kit
Get notified when we go live!