MSI's new budget board, the Z77A-G41
Subject: Motherboards | September 12, 2012 - 04:06 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: msi, MSI Z77A-G41, lga 1155
MSI adds to the value end of their Z77 based motherboard lineup with the Z77A-G41 at a mere $100, $90 after MIR. For that price you get a board with a pair of PCIe 16x slots as well as a pair of both PCIe 1x and PCI slots. [H]ard|OCP were less than impressed with the SATA ports, while there are six in total they are vertical and so add to the clutter of the machine as well as being in the way of the second PCIe slot. They have never been fans of MSI's ClickBIOS, an opinion this board did not change nor were theu impressed with the overclocking abilities of the board, no matter how long they spent adjusting setting in the UEFI implementation. That is not to imply that this board is not a good choice for everyone, it is only the enthusiast that will be disappointed, those looking for a stable motherboard to build an inexpensive machine will find this board fully up to the task.
"While it's usually the high end boards that get the most attention, it's often the lower end and mid-range boards that many people purchase. With this in mind we get back to basics with the Z77A-G41 which is an entry level offering from MSI that boasts many enthusiast features."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- Intel DZ77GA-70K Motherboard Review @ Techgage
- Gigabyte X79S-UP5 WiFi Intel LGA 2011 @ techPowerUp
- Gigabyte X79S-UP5 WiFi Review: Ultra Durable 5 Meets the C606 Chipset @ AnandTech
- ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe mainboard @ Hardwareoverclock
- ASRock X79 Extreme11 Review: PCIe 3.0 x16/x16/x16/x16 and LSI 8-Way SAS/SATA @ AnandTech
- GIGABYTE Z77X-UP5 TH @ Bjorn3D
- Asrock Z77 OC Formula Socket 1155 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
- ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- Sapphire and ECS X79 Motherboard Review @ OCC
- ASRock X79 Extreme11 Intel LGA 2011 @ techPowerUp
- Super Mainboard for a Mega-Computer: ASRock Z77 Extreme9 @ X-bit Labs
- ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Champion Motherboard @ Kitguru
- ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Motherboard Review @ Madshrimps
- MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower @ Guru of 3D
- BIOS Option Of The Week - Frame Buffer Size @ TechARP
Get notified when we go live!