MSI enters the gaming motherboard market with their X58 PRO-E
Subject: Motherboards | June 8, 2010 - 11:42 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Perhaps in response to the ASUS ROG series MSI has labelled their newest board as a member of their Gaming Series. The MSI X58 PRO-E is a $189 full ATX board with three PCIe 16x slots, though one only has enough bandwidth to provide 4x to the card. As an X58 board, it supports LGA 1366 CPUs and triple channel RAM up to 1600MHz, 7 SATA connectors plus a sole eSATA port as well as a good dozen USB 2.0 ports. Drop by [H]ard|OCP for a look at this no-frills X58 board if you are looking to build an inexpensive Core i7 platform.
"We take a look at another offering from MSI. Think of this one as a budget oriented X58
board that's pretty much all business. It brings SLI and CrossfireX support to a more
mainstream price point. The board's packaging sports a "Gaming Series" logo on it which is a
telltale sign of who they are targeting with this product."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- GIGABYTE P55A-UD6 @ [H]ard|OCP
- GIGABYTE P55A-UD7 (P55 Express) Motherboard @ Tweaktown
- MSI Big Bang XPower @ Tweaktown
- BIOS Option
Of The Week - AGP Drive Strength @ TechARP
- Biostar TA890FXE & MSI 890FXA-GD70: AMD’s
Top Offer for Mortals @ InsideHW
Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX Motherboard Review @ Madshrimps
- ASRock 880GXH/USB3 Motherboard Review @ Hardware Secrets
- ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Review @ EXTREME Overclocking
- MSI 890GXM-G65 @
- Gigabyte 890FXA
-UD5 @ PureOverclock
- Asrock 890GM Pro3 mATX Socket AM3 Motherboard @ Pro-
- MSI 890FXA-GD70 Review @ Neoseeker
Get notified when we go live!