MSI brings the P55 chipset and Hydra together
Subject: Motherboards | August 9, 2010 - 10:28 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The MSI P55a Fuzion sports Intel's P55 chipset along with the Lucid LT22102 aka Hydra, which allows you to mix and match graphics cards into a multiple GPU setup that is neither Crossfire nor SLI. Overclock3D's review tested this by using an ATI HD5870 and a GeForce GTX480 together when running benchmarks. The results are rather interesting when they benchmark a game that allows for Hydra as the performance is impressive, unfortunately not all games are able to use this technology so the performance remains simialr to the single GPU results. Check out the full review to see what this implementation of Hydra can do for you.
"MSIs latest P55 motherboard comes with the hottest piece of hardware in recent times. Believe the hype?"
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- GIGABYTE H55N-USB3 Mini-ITX Motherboard Loaded U @ Tweaktown
- ASRock P55
Extreme4 Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ASUS Z8NA-D6C (Intel 5500) @ Tweaktown
- BIOS Option Of The Week - Write
Recovery Time @ TechARP
- TEXT GOES HERE
890GX Extreme3 @ iXBT Labs
- ASUS Rampage III Extreme
Review @ OCC
- Gigabyte H55N-USB 3.0 ITX Socket 1156 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
- Accessible AMD 880G Boards @ InsideHW
- SRock 870 Extreme3 (AMD 870) @ Tweaktown
- AMD Radeon HD 4250 880G On Linux @
Get notified when we go live!