It will be a hefty investment but the EVGA Classified SR-2 is impressive
Subject: Motherboards | June 18, 2010 - 01:06 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The EVGA Classified SR-2 comes in a fairly uncommon form factor, High Performance Technology eXtended or
HPTX, which means you have to find a case that will fit a board that is 13.6" x 15". The reason that the motherboard is so large is to fit the 7 PCIe slots, three of which will function at their full 16x speed concurrently. They manage that with an impressive mix of chipsets, the Intel 5520 chipset provides 36 PCI Express x1 lanes and the ICH10R provides six more lanes, plus there is a pair of nForce 200 bridge chips. It is a dual socket board, though don't expect to drop just any LGA1366 CPU in the board as it will only work with socket 1366 Xeon processors. Drop by Hardware Secrets for more features, like the triple BIOS and informational LEDs on the board.
"EVGA Classified SR-2 (the "SR" on the name stands for "Super Record") is an enormous dual
socket 1366 motherboard based on Intel 5520 chipset with seven PCI Express x16 for you to
build the fastest gaming PC in the world."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- H55 & H57 Motherboard Roundup Review @ OCC
- ASUS P6X58D-E Xtreme Design Motherboard @ Benchmark Reviews
- Gigabyte H55N USB3 @ OC3D
- ASRock 890FX
Extreme3 @ PureOverclock
- Gigabyte H55N-USB3 : Mini-ITX done the Gigabyte way... @
- Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H @ iXBT Labs
- Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Socket AM3 Motherboard @ Pro-
- ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 @ iXBT Labs
- MSI 890FXA-GD70 @ OC3D
- ECS A890GXM-A @ Neoseeker
Get notified when we go live!