How do you surpass the ASUS Maximus III? Add a V and go for four
Subject: Motherboards | October 3, 2011 - 01:19 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: asus, maximus iv extreme, lga1155, p67, NF200, x68
The ASSU Republic of Gamers is a fast growing family line, the newest arrival being the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme. That pairs the Intel X68 chipset with the nForce 200 MCP to give you additional PCIe lanes. In fact you can manually tweak the PCIe lanes assigned to the PCI3 16x slots, a feature that experienced overclockers will probably use frequently. Speaking to the overclockers, [H]ard|OCP wanted to stress two very important capabilities of the board, not only did it hit 5.1GHz at a CPU voltage of 1.475v, it also boasted the lowest temperatures that [H] saw on their watercooling rig. This board is not for the plug and play crowd but for the enthusiast crowd it will shine.
"ASUS expands its Intel based Republic of Gamers line once again with the Maximus IV Extreme. This motherboard has a lot to live up to as each Maximus before this was nothing short of excellent and quite possibly the best motherboards available at the time of release. The Maximus IV Extreme continues the tradition and exceeds expectations."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 2 @ [H]ard|OCP
- MSI Z68A-GD80-G3 @ kitguru
- Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Z68 @ kitguru
- MSI Z68A GD65 G3 @ OC3D
- Intel D525MW Motherboard Review @ Hardware Secrets
- BIOS Option Of The Week - Refresh Mode Select @ TechARP
- ECS A55F-A Review @ t-break
- Sapphire Pure Platinum A75 (PT-A8A75) @ Bjorn3D
- ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe @ Tweaktown
- ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ Motherboard Review @ Neoseeker
- ASUS F1A75-V Pro Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe Review – Llano and Mini-ITX @ AnandTech
- ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe @ kitguru
Get notified when we go live!