Gigabyte's torture tested Black Edition Z97X-Gaming G1 WiFi-BK
Subject: Motherboards | June 19, 2014 - 04:45 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Z97X-Gaming G1 WiFi-BK, z97, Ultra Durable BLACK EDITION, lga 1150, gigabyte
The Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1 WiFi-BK is serious about PCIe slots, the four 16x slots can all run simultaneously at 8x speeds which is fairly rare for a Z97 board and is due to the presence of a PLX PEX8747 chip. Gigabyte also provided some serious onboard audio with an OP-AMP socket to go with their EMI shielded Sound Core3D chip and a pair of low noise "DAC-UP" USB ports for high end headphones. [H]ard|OCP's review also brings up two points about this board, the aesthetic similarities to the ASUS ROG boards and the 168 hour/7 day stress test done to every single Black Edition board before it is packaged and sold. If you are in the market for a $380 motherboard then this review is a must read.
"GIGABYTE has come to market with a great execution of concept that is shrouded by me-too branding. The Ultra Durable BLACK EDITION motherboards are tested to work before you purchase, and not only that, these motherboards are load tested to work for a full week before you ever open the box."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- MSI Z97 Gaming 7 @ [H]ard|OCP
- MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Review @ OCC
- Biostar Hi-Fi Z97WE @ eTeknix
- ASUS Z97-DELUXE (NFC & WLC) Review @ Hardware Canucks
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer @ eTeknix
- Intel Z97 Motherboard Roundup with ASUS, Biostar, Gigabyte and MSI @ Legit Reviews
- ASRock Z97 Extreme6 @ eTeknix
- MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC Motherboard Review @HiTech Legion
- ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Performance @ eTeknix
- MSI B85M Gaming Motherboard Review @ Modders-Inc
- Socket FM2+ Mainboards Comparison: Asus A88XM-Plus versus Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H @ X-bit Labs
Get notified when we go live!