ASUS' new flagship, the P8Z77-V Premium
Subject: Motherboards | July 12, 2012 - 06:50 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: asus, p8z77-v premium, thunderbolt
As we mentioned on the PC Perspective Podcast ASUS has a new ultra high end motherboard on the market, the P8Z77-V Premium for the low price of $440. There are four PCIe 3.0 16x slots, capable of running two cards at full speed or four at 8x speeds as well as a pair of PCIe 2.0 1x slots. There are a half dozen of both flavours of USB ports and SATA 6Gbps ports as well as SATA2 and eSATA ports but the big connectivity feature is Thunderbolt. The feature set is almost endless, up to and including an onboard 32GB SSD and it seems that the only thing this board cannot do much better than the competition is overclock. That is not to say you cannot overclock this board, only that the overclocking potential was lower than other Z77 boards from ASUS that [H]ard|OCP tested. If you can afford the price, you will not find a more impressive Z77 motherboard on the market.
"It’s been awhile since we’ve seen the "Premium" moniker on any ASUS boards. ASUS reserves this for boards with truly premium features that set these apart from the rest of the product line. The end result is usually a complex product with more features than most people will ever need. Let's find out just how premium the P8Z77-V Premium truly is."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- Biostar TPower TZ77XE4 @ Bjorn3D
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3 Motherboard @ Bjorn3D
- LGA 1155 Mainboard from Micro-Star: MSI Z77A-GD65 @ X-bit Labs
- ASUS RoG Maximus V Formula Z77 Motherboard Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Biostar TZ77XE4 Intel LGA 1155 @ techPowerUp
- ASRock, ECS, Gigabyte, Intel, Sapphire Z77 Motherboard Roundup @ Neoseeker
- MSI Z77A-GD80 (Intel Z77) Motherboard with Thunderbolt @ Tweaktown
- ASUS P8Z77-V Intel Z77 Express LGA 1155 @ techPowerUp
- 32 Intel Z77 motherboards tested with Ivy Bridge processors @ Hardware.info
- ASUS P8Z77-V Premium @ Bjorn3D
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional @ Tweaktown
- ASUS Maximus V Gene Micro-ATX @ [H]ard|OCP
- Asus Maximus V Gene Review @ OCC
- EVGA Classified SR-X review: dual Socket 2011 @ Hardware.Info
- BIOS Option Of The Week - CPU to PCI Post Write @ TechARP
Get notified when we go live!