ASUS A7V880 Mainboard Review &more
Subject: Motherboards | April 20, 2004 - 10:56 AM | Geoff Baker
Here is X-Bits first look at an actual retail product based upon the Via KT880, the Asus A7V880. This board has a lot for your 32 bit XP CPU: native SATA, 8 USB ports, native Gigabit, dual channel memory controller, overclocks nicely. If you were waiting for Via to finally put out the Nforce2 killer, they didn't quite do it, but it's close.
Quote: "VIA KT880 chipset with the dual-channel memory proves the fact that Athlon XP shouldn't be pushed into oblivion yet. If AMD Athlon 64 is the latest and greatest AMD offspring, then Athlon XP with the contemporary chipsets also can offer quite an attractive bunch of features and opportunities. With the launching of KT880 VIA hopes to finally outpace NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 due to the implementation of two memory channels and a bunch of additional functions. Let's see if this is the case!"
Here are some more Motherboard reviews from around the web:
- MSI K8N Neo Nforce3 250@Hardocp
- Nforce3 250 Overclocking@Hexus
- AOpen AK89 Motherboard Review@motherboards.org
- Nforce3 email@example.com
- Gigabyte GA-8VT880 Ultra@pcstats
- AOpen AX4SG Max II@pcstats
- Questionable Nforce3 Graphics Optimizations@Techreport
- On-Board Serial-ATA Comparisons@t-break
- Gigabyte K8S760M Mainboard@OCWorkbench
- FoxConn 865M01-G-6LS mATX Motherboard@BigBruin
Get notified when we go live!