The ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer should not be judged by looks alone
Subject: Motherboards | July 7, 2014 - 07:07 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: asrock, Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, budget
The ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer can be yours for $135, much less than many previous motherboards bearing that famous name and [H]ard|OCP has a good idea why after reviewing the board. The build quality of the board is rather cheap, as in the PCB is "as straight as undercooked bacon and feels more prone to breakage than the crispiest strips of bacon" and there was also mention of blood spilled. However you should not judge the board by its cover as [H] soon found out, 8 phase power and sold caps provided a solid performance experience with no problems installing the OS or during their benchmarking process. Their i7-4770K hit 4.7GHz with almost no effort whatsoever and can be coaxed higher if you have the time and skill. This mix of low price, cheap build and stellar performance for a budget board earned this Killer a Gold Award and a place on the short list for economical enthusiasts.
"The ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer offers very little frills and boasts tons of performance at a very low cost. ASRock with us has been hit and miss in the past in terms of reviews. This $125 has all the features though that are needed to get you overclocking though. We put the ASRock Z97 Killer Fatal1ty to the test."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H Motherboard Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK @ eTeknix
- GIGABYTE Z97X-Gaming G1 WiFi-BK Intel Z97 Motherboard Review @ Legit Reviews
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ASRock Z97 Extreme6 @ Phoronix
- BIOSTAR Hi-Fi Z97WE LGA1150 Motherboard Review @ Madshrimps
- ASRock Z97 Extreme6 @ Kitguru
- ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO @ techPowerUp
- ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
Get notified when we go live!