A tour of a Turion
Subject: Mobile | October 18, 2006 - 01:27 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The MSI Megabook S271 is based around a Turion X2, in the model AnandTech reviews, it is a TL-50 (1.60 GHz with dual 256K L2 cache). Recently they compared this laptop to a Core 2 Duo based machine; this review is all MSI. They cover everything from customization and betery life to MSI support.
"We managed to get our hands on an MSI S271 ultraportable laptop equipped with a Turion X2 several months back and planned on doing a
head-to-head comparison against Intel's Core Duo. Unfortunately, various issues delayed our article and it is only now that we are finally
able to present the results. Of course, Intel has now launched Core 2 Duo (Merom), raising the performance bar in the dual core mobile
So what sort of problems did we encounter with the MSI laptop? Once they were resolved how does it perform? In short, does it compete well
with Intel's offerings, and should you consider buying one? Let's take a closer look."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
More Mobile Articles
- Macally Protective Keyliner and Screen Wiper For Laptops @ Laptop Lifestyle
- BUSlink USB Notebook Cooling Pad @
- Cooler Master NotePal P1 Notebook Cooler Review @ Bigbruin
- ASUS W5F Notebook @ X-bit Labs
- Sony VAIO AR Series Notebook Review:
Blu-Ray Going Mass @ X-bit Labs
- LG P1 Express Dual notebook @ AOA Forums
- Apple MacBook 13-inch 1.83GHz
@ The Tech Lounge
- CoolerMaster NotePal P1 Notebook Cooler Review @
- Guide: Buying cheap laptops @ DV Hardware
Get notified when we go live!