The next generation of Lenovo Thinkpad
Subject: Mobile | November 13, 2006 - 04:53 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The new Thinkpad is no slouch with a 1920x1200 LCD panel and an ATI FireGL V5200, powered by a Core 2 Duo and up to 4 gigs of RAM. Add to that the reliability of the Thinkpad series and the limited amount of extra software installed, HotHardware may have found the best Lenovo laptop yet.
'In 2005 IBM sold the Thinkpad line to Chinese computer maker, Lenovo making it the 3rd largest computer vendor in the
world. Under the agreement with Lenovo, IBM would retain its branding on the Thinkpad line for several years to follow.
Shortly after the acquisition, Lenovo began producing new Thinkpads. In the mix was the first widescreen Thinkpad, the
Z60, that offered an optional Titanium cover. The optional lid was a significant departure from IBM's traditional
business black coloring scheme and most certainly signaled a new era in Thinkpad design.'
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
- RIM BlackBerry 8700g for T-Mobile Review @ CoolTechZone
- A Luxury Notebook for $350,000 @ CoolTechZone
- Lenovo 3000 V100
Notebook Review @ XYZ Computing
- ASUS Lamborghini VX1 @ Techgage
- Wal-mart kicks off holiday season with $398 laptop @ CNET
- ASUS R2H UMPC @ Hardware Zone
- Antec Notebook
Cooler S Review @ XYZ Computing
- ICY DOCK Modiflash 722 Mobile Dock @
- WaterField Cozmo Mambo Combo laptop
bag @ DVHardware
- Hiyatek Contractible Laptop
Cooling Pad @ ThinkComputers
- Cooler Master NotePal P1 @ 3dGameMan
Get notified when we go live!