Too big for comfort? The Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Subject: Mobile | November 19, 2012 - 02:48 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Samsung, galaxy note 2, phablet
Even with its overly large body the original Samsung Galaxy Note sold well, as it sported a large screen to go with its large body. The second version now has a slightly larger screen of 5.5" and slightly smaller body but not enough to shrink the phone noticeably. Apart from its size the other unique feature that the Note 2 has is the S Pen which allows you to draw and write on the screen, a feature that attracted many users to the original model. Also worth noting is the graphics chip, instead of the more common Snapdragon this phone has a Exynos processor which is up to most tasks but when running apps which are optimized for the other graphics chips you may notice the quality degrade a bit. TechSpot has a full review of this phablet right here.
"The Samsung Galaxy Note II is big. Colossally big. It's important to get that description out of the way because anyone who sees or holds the Galaxy Note II will have no choice but to be taken aback by how large is the phone-meets-tablet.
The same predicament made doubters believe that the original Galaxy Note was too big to succeed, but millions of phones sold later, that proved to be a false prediction. The Galaxy Note II is a smooth and dynamic experience from top to bottom. It's probably too big as a phone or too small as a tablet for most, but many will find it's a comfortable compromise between the two form factors."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
- Is There a Touchable Windows 8 Laptop For You? @ Techspot
- Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 Review @ TechReviewSource
- CyberPowerPC Zeus-M2 Ultrabook Review @ Custom PC Review
- Microsoft Surface RT @ The Inquirer
- Google Nexus 4 Review - Google's new Flagship @ AnandTech
- Galaxy SIII, iPhone 5, HTC One X+ and 8X shootout: comparing video quality @ Hardware.info
- LG Optimus G 16GB Smartphone Review @ Legit Reviews
- Sony Xperia Miro Smartphone @ HardwareHeaven
- Samsung Galaxy S III Mini @ Hardware.Info
Get notified when we go live!