Is Samsung's Galaxy S III really the best Android out there?
Subject: Mobile | August 30, 2012 - 01:18 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Samsung, galaxy s III, Android
Android 4.1, aka Jellybean, is not yet available for the Samsung Galaxy S III, so The Tech Report tested out Samsung's existing TouchWiz software and UI tweaks to the current Android OS present on the phone. They liked that a lot of the special functions available on the phone were controlled with the body as opposed to swiping motions on the screen, as you wouldn't want to smear that 720p screen. They did run into some quirks with the phone which they were less than impressed with as well as the history Samsung has of delaying the release of updated operating systems. That is probably why they ended up getting a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
"Samsung's Galaxy S III is the hottest Android handset on the market right now. We spent a few weeks with one to see what it's like."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
- Nokia Lumia 710 Cell Phone Review @ Hardware Secrets
- LG Optimus 4X HD: Tegra 3 Handsets Stay Global @ AnandTech
- Sony Xperia P @ Hardware.info
- Cygnett Form, Frost & TubeMap Samsung Galaxy S III Case Reviews @ Legit Reviews
- Toshiba Excite 7.7 Tablet Review: AMOLED in a Fun Size @ AnandTech
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Android Tablet Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Google Nexus 7 Indepth @ Kitguru
- The Archos 101 XS Review: Prettier, Faster, So Much Better @ AnandTech
- Archos 101 XS Android Tablet Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Lenovo IdeaPad U410 Ultrabook Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Fujitsu Stylistic Q702 preview: Windows 8 tablet/notebook @ Hardware.info
- Acer Aspire TimelineX 4830TG-6808 Review @ TechReviewSource
- Acer Aspire V5-171-6605 Review @ TechReviewSource
- HP Envy 14 Spectre Ultrabook Review: Something More Than Envy @ AnandTech
- ASUS UX31A: Putting the Ultra in Ultrabooks @ AnandTech
- Apple MacBook Air 11-inch (Mid-2012) Review @ TechReviewSource
Get notified when we go live!