MSI Ships First Gaming Notebook with NVIDIA GeForce GTX560M GPU
Subject: Mobile | May 31, 2011 - 09:47 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: msi, GTX560M, GT683
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif. – May 31, 2011 – MSI Computer Corp., a leading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, today announced the first North American shipment of the GT683R, its first gaming laptop featuring the recently-announced NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M graphics processor. The GT683R is one of the first notebooks to ship in the U.S. with the new NVIDIA GPU. This gaming notebook combines superior graphics with processing power from the second generation Intel® Core™ i7 to create an incredible gaming and multimedia experience that will be the envy of any seasoned gamer.
“As the first GTX-class gaming GPU in the 500 Series, the GeForce GTX 560M delivers blistering frame rates and beautifully rendered scenes with Direct X 11 done right,” said David Ragones, director of product marketing at NVIDIA. “The MSI GT683R will be first out of the gate with this gaming workhorse.”
MSI has packed the GT683R with cutting edge performance features specifically for gaming, including:
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M: With 1.5GB of GDDR5 memory, this graphics processor provides real-world picture clarity for optimal game play. Debuting at Computex 2011, the GeForce GTX 560M features improved power efficiency with faster clock speeds, so gamers can enjoy vivid, detailed environments and realistic characters. Stock your arsenal with the best gaming tech, including Direct X 11 and NVIDIA® PhysX® technology delivering intense realism, outstanding performance, and faster frame rates on the most demanding games. And stay ahead of the competition with the latest NVIDIA® Verde™ Drivers providing performance optimizations for the life of your GPU, only from NVIDIA.com.
- New 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM Processor: Intel’s latest energy-efficient processor delivers smart, adaptive performance that adds speed when it’s most needed, thanks to Optimized Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 and Intel Hyper-Threading Technology. The processor also provides seamless video capabilities including applications for easy video editing and HD video playback that can be connected to a TV.
- MSI’s Exclusive Turbo Drive Engine (TDE) Technology: Easily overclock GPU with TDE, providing a boost in graphics performance to accelerate video decoding and add extra excitement to your gaming. · Cooler Boost Technology: When the game heats up, MSI’s Cooler Boost Technology cools the CPU and GPU with a single touch. The technology can manage the fan speed to find the right balance between boosting performance and improving comfort.
- Dual SATA HDD with RAID 0: Enjoy enhanced HDD speed and performance and increased HD storage space with a dual SATA HDD in RAID 0 configuration. · USB 3.0: The GT683R features two USB 3.0 ports, delivering speedy data transfers with rates up to 4.8GB per second, and 10 times the bandwidth of USB 2.0. MSI’s own i-Charger technology provides three times the power to make charging CE devices faster than ever.
- Dynaudio Speakers with THX Surround Sound: In addition to sharp graphics and lightning quick performance, the GT683R creates an immersive gaming experience by including professional sound quality. MSI collaborated with Dynaudio to build the highest quality speakers plus a built-in subwoofer. THX TruStudio PRO delivers cinema-quality surround sound.
The new GT683R has an MSRP of $1,599.99 and is available at Amazon.com.
For detailed specification and purchasing options, please visit http://www.msimobile.com.