LG X3 Android 4 Smartphone With Quad Core CPU May Debut at Mobile World Congress 2012

Subject: Mobile | January 20, 2012 - 05:00 PM |
Tagged: tegra, quad core, lg x3, LG, ics, android 4.0, Android

This year's Mobile World Congress in Spain is going to be an interesting one from a smartphone hardware perspective, especially if recent rumors hold true. If you thought a dual core Snapdragon chip delivered a speedy experience, LG has something to blow your mind: The LG X3 is a smartphone that is rumored to have a quad core Nvidia Tegra 3 processor!

The alleged LG X3 phone

The article quotes Pocketnow in detailing the less than 9mm thick LG X3's specifications which include the above-mentioned Tegra 3 Soc, an 8 megapixel rear camera, 1.3 megapixel front camera, a HSPA 21 "4G" network cellular radio, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, microSD slot, and Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. This hardware will be put to good use in powering the phones 4.7" display with a resolution of 1280 x 720. Further, a massive 2,000 mAh (milli-amp-hour) battery will provide the quad core SoC and huge display the power they need. Though with these kind of specs, under heavy use, don't expect miracles even with such a large battery. The last big of leaked information on the phone indicates that it will be running the Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" mobile operating system (OS). Our own Matt Smith has a review of the Android 4.0 OS (running on the Transformer Prime) for your reading pleasure on the site now.

A quad core SoC (System on a Chip) in a phone... I just can't get past that; here I was thinking my 1.2 GHz single core Snapdragon processor was speedy. Before I even got my hands on a dual core phone, they are already packing them with quad cores!

Source: Pocketnow
January 21, 2012 | 02:29 AM - Posted by Nvidia graphics cards (not verified)

Hi. Thank for sharing this information but I want to know more about Nvidia graphics cards
so please send me information.
thank you ..

January 21, 2012 | 03:33 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

This doesn't look like a PC to me. Where the hell am I? Engadget?

January 22, 2012 | 02:17 PM - Posted by JSL

If this were endgadget it would all be about Apple.

In today's day in age, 'smartphones' are now small computer devices.

January 23, 2012 | 10:54 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I thought this was the last bastion of the PC enthusiasts.
I was wrong. There are plenty of good PC only sites out there, guess it's time to bookmark some of them.

January 21, 2012 | 03:51 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Please don't change my favorite enthusiast hardware news site into another "we used to do hardware but now we're more about telephones"-site.

January 21, 2012 | 05:50 AM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

Well, we are definitely going to be cover phone hardware you guys. :)

It has been added already:

But don't worry, we aren't cutting back on the PC side at all!! Just adding different people to the fold.

January 21, 2012 | 07:30 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Any chance you guys could do this on another site?
You could call it "Telephone Perspective"... :)

Well, as long as there's a way to filter out the telephone news from the front page and you aren't going to include telephones in your awesome podcast, I guess we users are gonna have to tolerate it.

January 21, 2012 | 07:48 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Why don't you just pronounce the PC dead like everyone else is?

January 21, 2012 | 12:49 PM - Posted by mharry860 (not verified)

Don't bother with those guys Ryan, it's your site and it looks like a cool phone to me.

January 21, 2012 | 06:43 PM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

Thanks. :)

We deal with haters all day.

January 21, 2012 | 04:20 PM - Posted by ChangWang

forget a quad-core, I'd take a dual-core with twice as much GPU any day of the week

January 21, 2012 | 06:42 PM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

I would like twice the battery life.

January 21, 2012 | 08:18 PM - Posted by Driadon (not verified)

Seconded. As an owner of the G2X and being frustrated with the battery life, I could not see this 3X being any better.

January 22, 2012 | 02:19 PM - Posted by JSL

If you were an owner of a Desire HD/Inspire 4G (same device), you'd complain about battery power even more than you do so now.

January 21, 2012 | 07:14 PM - Posted by Shovelrider78

I wonder what the price will be? If it going to have iPhone 4s features I'm buying it!

On another topic, has anyone installed the Beta 4.0/ICS on a HTC 4g EVO? I recently downloaded the ISO file.

thanks,

January 21, 2012 | 08:11 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Hrm, to spend $700 on some flimsy, brittle device that will last me 2 hours, or to stick with my $80 phone from several years ago that will last me the better part of the week.

Manufacturers, it's an easy choice for us.

January 22, 2012 | 02:00 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

just admit it the pc is dead are you're all dinosaurs.

January 23, 2012 | 01:52 AM - Posted by did (not verified)

I think that this is really nice and I am sure that a lot of people will be interested to use it.
test

March 5, 2012 | 02:04 AM - Posted by Prada Pas Cher (not verified)

Que vous soyez de formation Prada Pas Cher
de votre voix pour rejoindre les rangs des prada chaussure
chanteurs professionnels ou si vous sac prada
souhaitez cultiver votre talent amateur,www.pradapascher.com il ya de nombreux aspects de chanter à prendre en considération.

May 22, 2012 | 12:29 AM - Posted by Catherine (not verified)

I believe that the debut will be successful, however the level of app development for Android isn't still as high as of iPhone development

December 18, 2012 | 04:41 PM - Posted by Cora Thammavong (not verified)

Real wonderful info can be found on site . "Every artist was first an amateur." by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

January 22, 2013 | 05:41 AM - Posted by lennondevid (not verified)

This is really good information got from this blog that is regarding the LG X3 Android smartphone launched with Quad Core CPU in 2012.I have got the right information regarding this Android smartphone from this blog so thanks for sharing this information.

Android App Development

March 25, 2013 | 05:16 AM - Posted by Remo (not verified)

We've seen a lot of quad-core phones launch during MWC 2012. I would say HTC One X was far more better than the rest. Thanks for sharing the news. iPhone Development.