Has anyone seen MXM?
Subject: Mobile | January 30, 2007 - 08:36 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Two years ago nVIDIA announced an easy way to upgrade video cards in laptops, a socket design they labeled MXM. Without MXM, [H]ard|OCP describes the process as involving "screwdriver, pliers, thermal compound, Dremel rotary tool, two resistors, variable resistor, wire strippers, soldering iron, double-sided tape, BIOS upgrade" and even more.
"Two years ago, NVIDIA announced its MXM socketed initiative for the GPU mobile market. This new technology would allow for a
modular GPU slot in all laptops, thus making servicing and upgrades much easier. Two years later, still nothing. Why?"
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
More Mobile Articles
- Microsoft Kills Origami, Presents Vistagami @ CoolTechZone
- Toshiba's Crystal Portege R400 Notebook @ CoolTechZone
- Killer Notebooks Assassin Review @
- Toshiba Tecra M6 Notebook
Review @ XYZ Computing
- Cooler Master NotePal S @ Modders-Inc
- ASUS Lamborghini VX1
Notebook @ X-bit Labs
- Cooler Master NotePal S @