Void your warranty for a higher frequency
Subject: Memory | September 26, 2006 - 12:05 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Why not, if you can get 1100 @ 5-6-6-15 to run at 1111 and 4-4-4-12. OCZ's PC2-8800 Gold Edition offers quite a few opportunities to overclock in various ways. You don't have to keep the timing so tight, if you are looking for a higher MHz frequency. Drop by Legit Reviews for a good idea of what these DIMMs can do.
"The OCZ DDR2 PC2-8800 Gold Edition memory kit does exactly what it's rated to do and performs very well in all the benchmarks that we threw
at it. We were able to reach 1111MHz with aggressive 4-4-4-12 2T timings, but needed to increase the voltage so high that it voided the
lifetime warranty to hit stability. At these speeds we were able to get the modules to perform the same as the Corsair XMS2 DOMINATOR
PC2-8888 kit, but at the cost of our warranty. When we kept the timings loose and ran the modules at 2.42V (our motherboard didn't have
2.40V) we were able to get the 1100MHz modules up to 1140MHz with 100% stability at 5-6-6-15 timings."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Ultra XL Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 Memory at Modders-Inc
- OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Special Ops Edition Urban Elite Memory @
- OCZ PC2-6400 Special Ops Edition Urban Elite 2GB Kit
Review @ PC Modding Malaysia
- OCZ Gold
XTC PC2-8800 DDR2 2gb Kit @ Overclock3d
- OCZ PC2-8000 Titanium Alpha VX2 Dual Channel @
- Team Group Xtreem DDR500 PC-4000 2GB Kit Review @ MVKTech
- Crucial Ballistix 2GB PC2-6400 @ Techgage
Get notified when we go live!