New Crucial Ballistix for X58 users
Subject: Memory | March 8, 2011 - 05:35 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Triple channel memory is still going strong, even with the coming release of quad channel support on the X68 chipset. For those looking to speed up an existing system using a triple channel kit the Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1866 6GB will cost you under $200 and is compatible with Crucial's M.O.D. software that will allow you to keep track of the SPD information as well as the current temperatures and speed. Think Computers managed an impressive overclock, which you can read about in the review.
"A little while ago we took a look at a 4GB dual channel Ballistix kit from Crucial. Today Crucial has sent us a 6GB triple channel kit of Ballistix and we are very eager to see how it performs. This 6GB kit runs at 1866MHz with timings of 9-9-9-24 at 1.65V. Just like the other kit we took a look at this kit features XMP profiles, Crucial’s new Ballisitx heatspreaders and on-board temperature sensors and monitoring software. Let’s check them out!"
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Gskill RipjawsX 4GB 17000 CL9D-4GBXMD Review @ Madshrimps
- Exceleram EP3001A PC3-10666 2x2GB Memory Review @ Madshrimps
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz Dual Memory DDR3 @ Pro-Clockers
- Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer PC3-12800 4GB Kit @ Tweaktown
- Patriot G2 Series PC3-12800 8GB @ Tweaktown
- Crucial Ballistix Tracer Black PC3-12800 Review @ OCIA
- Kingston HyperX T1 Series PC3-17066 8GB @ Tweaktown
- Crucial Ballistix Active Cooling Fan @ Overclockers Online
Get notified when we go live!