Low voltage, high frequency
Subject: Memory | May 22, 2007 - 11:58 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The new Reaper series from OCZ really impressed Overclockers Online. Running at 1150 @ 5-5-5-18 straight out of the box they are some of the fastest chips, period. The new cooling solution both adds style to the DIMMs as well as some very good cooling. Once they got down to testing, they found limitations in tightening the timings, but by keeping the timings at the rated intervals, they could get a nice jump in speed.
"The performance of these Reaper HPCs at 5-5-5 certainly was bright enough to blind me without glasses. I still can't get over how well they scale above DDR1200 with such small amounts of voltage. Obviously the ability for these crazy high clocks to continue rising just isn't there. I saw with my P5B-Dlx that it simply couldn't handle dual-channel memory past DDR1280 although the memory seemed more than willing. It appears as though the tortoise has caught up to the hare and is going to pass him...until the new round of chipsets come out which has already begun."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- CellShock PC2-6400 (DDR2-800) 2GB Kit @ Overclock3d
- OCZ Reaper HPC 8500 DDR-2 Memory @ Bjorn3D
- Corsair CM2X1024 XMS2 PC5400C4 @ Tekbunker
- Crucial 2GB kit Ballistix DDR2 PC2-8500 memory module @ Rbmods
- Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500 SLI-Ready 2Gb Kit @ CPU3D
- Super Talent T800UX4GC5 @ Bjorn3D
- Super Talent 2GB PC2-8000 RAM @ PC Apex
- TakeMS 667/800 DDR2 Memory Kit @ Tekbunker
Get notified when we go live!