Kingston's Beast-ly new HyperX kit
Subject: Memory | April 15, 2013 - 01:44 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: kingston, hyperX beast, DDR3-2400
At a speed of DDR3-2400 timings of 11-13-13-30 @ 2T are more than impressive and hint at the overclocking potential of these DIMMs. They also come with two XPM settings, the one just mentioned which runs at 1.65V and a 2133 MHz mode which runs at 1.6V and similar timings. Once TechPowerUp got their hands on the DIMMs they managed to hit 2634 MHz and tighten up the Command Rate to 1T. Keep in mind those pretty heatspreaders may make your life difficult if your motherboard is crowded around the socket and your heatsink doesn't have much clearance. That exact kit does not appear at NewEgg but a very similar 16GB kit does.
"A rabid animal hungry for food, the Kingston HyperX Beast stampedes into the overclocking scene, ripping through our benchmarks like no other. Clocked in at 2400 MHz out of the box, these beasts are ready to take on whatever you want to feed them."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Kingston HyperX 10th Anniversary 2400MHz 16GB @ Bjorn3D
- Crucial Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-12800 memory module @ Rbmod
- 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR3 SDRAM Memory Kits from G.Skill @ X-bit Labs
- Team Xtreem DDR3-2666 C11 8GB Memory Kit @ Funky Kit
- Adata XPG 16GB DDR3-1600 / DDR3-2133 kits # Hardawre.info
- Team Xtreem LV 2133MHz CL9 8GB Memory Kit @ Kitguru
Get notified when we go live!