It's all in the timing
Subject: Memory | February 27, 2008 - 09:19 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
R&B Mods looks at G.SKILL's DDR2 PC2 8500, which have been constructed a with a little more attention to detail that some other modules we've seen. It's stock speed of 1066 @ 5-5-5-15 really isn't all that impressive but 4-5-5-13 @ 285 FSB isn't too bad, and they manged to hit 300Mhz with loose timings. Maybe you can pick up a kit and do even better.
"Today we take a look at a DDR2 kit from Gskill. We got their new 8500 kit that seems to perform quite well according to
some other reviews I have seen. We are going to compare this vs our previous DDR2 kits that have performed the best. We
are also going to try to boost this kit a bit to see how it performs under heavy overclocking."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2-8500 2GB DDR2 Memory Kit Review @ EOC
- Patriot Viper DDR3-1866 PC3-15000 2Gb Kit @
- OCZ PC2-8000 4GB Platinum Edition
Dual Channel Memory Review @ OCIA
- Super Talent Project X DDR3-1800 @ Bjorn3D
- Kingston HyperX DDR3-1375 2GB
Memory Kit Review @ ThinkComputers
- OCZ DDR2 PC2-8000 2 x 2
GB Platinum Edition Review @ OCC
- Aeneon XTUNE DDR3-1333 2GB Memory Kit
Review @ OCIA
Dominator TWIN3X2048-1800C7DFIN G Kit @ HotHardware
- A-Data Vitesta DDR2-800+ Extreme
Edition @ OCIA
- Detailed Platform Analysis in
RightMark Memory Analyzer. Part 15: AMD Phenom X4 Processors @ Digit-Life
Get notified when we go live!