High speed gold
Subject: Memory | October 18, 2006 - 02:34 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
2GB OZC PC2-8800(1100MHz) with gold XTC heatspreaders and 5-6-6-15 timings straight out of the box, now up for review at techPowerUp. It even comes in a non-melted shut package, so you don't have to attack the RAM with a knife just to get at it. The total speed may not go up too much further than the default, but the timings can be tightened significantly with some tweaking.
"Even though the OCZ PC2-8800 Gold are designed "for gamers" they still offer features that you would usually see only on high-end
overclockers' memory. Being able to run at a default of 1100 MHz DDR2 is very impressive, even though it requires around 2.4V to do that. In
our testing we could get this $450 memory kit to DDR2-726 at CL3 and DDR2-1178 at CL6. This shows that this kit has something for everybody,
no matter if you overclock just a little, or need insane FSB speeds."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- SyncMAX Express PC2-6400 DDR2 800 Memory @ PC Stats
TWIN2X2048-8500C5 2GB Kit @ OCTools
- OCZ PC2-5400 Special Ops RAM Review @ OCIA
- Choosing the Right Memory for Core 2 Duo
Platform - Part 3: DDR2-800 SDRAM Modules Roundup @ X-bit Labs
- Kingston 1GB HyperX PC2-8500 DDR2 Memory Kit Pictorial @
- Kingston HyperX DDR2-8500 4x512mb (2GB)
Memory Review @ Virtual-Hideout
- OCZ PC2-9000 Titanium Alpha
VX2 DFI Special Edition @ Techgage
- SyncMAX PC2-6400 Express DDR2-800 memory review @
- Super Talent & TEAM Join the Fast DDR2 Club @
- Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 Memory @ 3dGameMan
PC2-6400 Special Ops DDR2 2gb Kit @ overclock3d
- GSkill F2-8000PHU2 1GBHZ DDR2 @ VR Zone
Get notified when we go live!