Have a P55 that needs more memory bandwidth and are sporting a thick wallet?
Subject: Memory | March 19, 2010 - 12:25 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The Patriot Viper II Sector 5 2000MHz 4GB DDR3 kit sports timings of 8-8-8-24 and a price of $55 per gigabyte. If that seems a little steep to you it is because that is exactly what it is, however that is the penalty you pay for RAM that runs at 2GHz. The extra bandwidth did show up across the boards in the testing Legit Reviews did; though perhaps not enough of a difference to justify the cost. It is a great choice if you are looking to get the most out of your PC and it comes with Patriot's lifetime warranty if anything goes wrong for you.
"In the need for some more memory bandwidth? Overclocking like a madman but running out of overhead
with your DDR? Patriot thinks they have the answer with their Viper II Sector 5 2000MHz kit. This
kit is designed to give you some room to squeeze every ounce of performance from your system. We
take a look at it to see if it does just that!"
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- G.SKILL PIS Series 4GB Kit 2000MHz (F3-
16000CL6D-4GBPIS) @ Bjorn3D
- Patriot Gamer-Series DDR3-1600 Memory Kit @ Benchmark Reviews
- Kingston & Mushkin: High-speed DDR3 memory kits @ InsideHW
- A-DATA PC3-17600 (2200MHz) Gaming Series 4GB Kit @ TweakTown
- G.Skill PC3-18400 (2300MHz) PI Series 4GB Kit @ TweakTown