Go 4x4ing with Corsair HyperX and an X79 motherboard
Subject: Memory | September 20, 2012 - 11:39 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: ddr3-2133, kingston, HyperX Genesis, quad channel
$100 even will get you 16GB of DDR3-2133MHz Kingston HyperX Genesis quad channel memory, perfect for an X79 based system. These particular DIMMs are 11-12-11-49 and 1T, at their full speed with a second 1866MHz XMP with slightly tighter timings. Legit Reviews paired this kit with an Intel Core i7 3820 and ASUS P9X79 Deluxe and while they couldn't get much of an overclock out of these DIMMs, a top speed of 2.2GHz with no luck tightening timings, the RAM Disk testing they did revealed some fantastic performance.
"The 16GB quad-channel kit of 2133MHz HyperX Genesis memory from Kingston Technology is a memory kit that is more than capable of handling any number of large memory usage computer programs, while also providing the speed of 2133MHz to ensure that our programs work quickly, and effortlessly. And having the ability of pushing this memory even farther to 2200MHz will ensure that overclockers will have some room to play..."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 1866MHz 8GB Memory Kit Review @ eTeknix
- Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz DDR3 4x4GB Kit
- Kingston HyperX Predator DDR3 2400MHz 8GB Memory Review @ eTeknix
- Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) 2666mhz @ Kitguru
- Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz 16GB Memory Kit Review @ eTeknix
- Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600MHz Memory Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Corsair Dominator Platinum CL10 2666 MHz 4x 4GB DDR3 @ techPowerUp