G.Skill has a Flare with AM3 targeted DDR3
Subject: Memory | October 19, 2010 - 04:33 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The G.Skill FLARE PC3-16000
kit is a pair of 2GB DIMMs running at 2000MHz and running you about $180. The high price is the penalty you face for trying to grab some of the fastest RAM available. Once OC3D popped open the kit the AM3 branding seemed a little off as no matter what they tried they could not get these DIMMs running full speed with a Phenom II X6 1090T. Core i3/i5 based systems had no problems hitting full speed but either platform did run well at the settings that they could reach.
"Interested in some of the fastest Socket AM3 memory that money can buy? Read on..."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Kingmax Hercules PC3-17600 (2200MHz) 4GB Kit @ Tweaktown
- G.Skill Ripjaws
DDR3-1600 CL9 8GB Review @ OCC
- OCZ ELV
Platinum DDR3 1600 4GB RAM Kit @ TechwareLabs
- Sector 7 – PC3-14400 (1800 MHz) 6GB RAM/Memory Kit @ TechwareLabs
- Mushkin PC12800 6GB Ridgeback @ OC3D
- Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory Video Review @ eTeknix
- OCZ PC3-17000
Flex EX 12GB Review @ OCC
- Kingston HyperX H20 6GB DDR-2000 Review @ Kitguru
Get notified when we go live!