A-Data grabs the high speed RAM crown
Subject: Memory | December 1, 2009 - 05:24 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
A-Data might not be the first company you think about when you purchase RAM, which is why you can be forgiven for not noticing they sell a dual channel DDR3 kit @ 2200 MHZ with timings of 8:8:8:24 1T at the recommended 1.65V. The Guru of 3D even managed to hit 2350MHz by bumping the voltage to 1.7 and could see higher speeds by lowering the timings. A-Data does offer a lifetime warranty if you do want to invest the $274 it costs to pick up a 4GB kit.
"A-DATA recently introduced their XPG Plus Series DDR3-2200+ v2.0 DRAM module that is the highest speed
of DDR3 DRAM module in the industry. A-DATA’s new DDR3-2200+ DRAM module offers a 2,200MHz clock speed
and CL8-8-8-24 timings at a voltage of 1.65V. It is available in 1GBx2 and 2GBx2 dual channel kits.
Now if you don't know what these number mean, then surely this memory and review is not catered for you.
The XPG Plus Series DDR3-2200+ v2.0 dual channel kits come with the Thermal Conductive Technology (TCT)
for some really nice and extraordinary cooling. "
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 i7/i5 Optimized 4GB Dual Channel Memory
Kit Review @ ThinkComputers
- G.Skill Ripjaws PC3-16000 4GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit @ Tweaktown
- Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3-1600
- Patriot Viper-II DDR3 Lynnfield Memory Kit @ Benchmark Reviews
- Kingston HyperX DDR3-2000 CL8 KHX2000C8D3T1K3/6GX 6GB Memory Kit @
- OCZ Black Edition 4GB DDR3-
1600 @ PureOverclock