Crucial brings well monitored speed with the 4GB Ballistix 1866 kit
Subject: Memory | February 17, 2011 - 10:10 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Perhaps the key feature of the Crucial Ballistix 4GB DDR3-1866kit are the sensors present on the DIMMs which allow you to monitor the temperature with Crucial's Ballistix MOD utility. They come at a speed of 1866MHz with 9-9-9-24 timings
and in their overclocking experiments Overclockers Online could tighten the timings to 8-8-8-23 at stock as well as hitting 2000MHz leaving the timings at stock.
"Out of the box the Ballistix BL2KIT25664FN1869 kit offers great performance that should satisfy just
about anyone. If this isn’t enough these Ballistix sticks offer a decent overclock while keeping the
stock timings. Crucial has also put thermal sensors in these sticks so that you can monitor the
temperatures with their Ballistix MOD Utility should you really want to push the limits."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- OCZ Gold XTE Series PC3-17000 4GB Kit @ Tweaktown
- Crucial Ballistix PC3-17000 DDR-3 4GB Kit @ Hardwareoverclock
- G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 MHz DDR3 CL9 8 GB @ techPowerUp
- G.Skill Ripjaws Series PC3-16000 8GB Kit @ Tweaktown
- Patriot Division 2
Viper Xtreme PC3 15000 Memory Review @ Ninjalane
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ Overclockers
- OCZ Platinum XTE Series PC3-16000 4GB Kit @ Tweaktown
Get notified when we go live!