Big memory from Mushkin ... 16 or 32GB, your choice
Subject: Memory | August 14, 2012 - 01:18 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: ridgeback, redline, Mushkin, ddr3-1866, 32GB, 16GB
You can pick up two DIMMs with the 16GB kit or four with the 32GB, either way you end up with DDR3-1866MHz @ 10-10-10-27 running on 1.5v, with a lifetime warranty to boot! When Overclockers Club went to work the two kits did end up showing some difference as the 16GB kit hit 2288MHz @ 11-11-12-28 2T while the 32GB only managed 2202MHz @ 11-12-12-28 2T. If you check out the Mushkin Redline series on NewEgg you will see a wide variety of models, so pick the ones with the lowest latency for the best performance out of the box as well as more overclocking headroom.
"Looking at these two kits of memory from Mushkin shows that it has another pair of kits that deliver performance indicative of their specifications and more. First up are the distinctive good looks and functionality of the cooling solutions employed on each kit. The 32GB kit part number 994071 uses the "Ridgeback" design. This robust heatsink package uses a series of angle shaped (think Mushkin logo) fins on top of a thick body to effectively wick away the thermal load generated by these high density modules. Packing them into a four DIMM configuration like used in the testing will allow a higher heat load to be retained but is nothing to be concerned about. Using an air cooled CPU cooling solution would fix that issue as once air starts moving over the modules they cool down fast."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- AVEXIR AVD3U16001008G-4CI 32GB C10 1600MHz Memory Kit Review @ Madshrimps
- 3 Way DDR3 SODIMM Comparison @ NikKTech
- Patriot Intel Extreme Masters Limited Edition 16GB DDR3-1866MHz Memory Kit @Hi Tech Legion
- Patriot Viper 3 8GB 2133MHz Review @ OCC
- G.SKILL TridentX 2400 MHz F3-2400C10D-8GTX @ Bjorn3D
- Crucial Ballistix Tactical Review - 16GB Dual Channel @ HCW
- Patriot Viper ‘Black Mamba’ 2133mhz Gen 3 16GB @ Kitguru
Get notified when we go live!