6GB of triple channel RAM is within your reach
Subject: Memory | December 9, 2008 - 12:44 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
G.Skill is really pushing it's new PC3-12800 CL9 6GB kit, you can get it on Newegg for just over $200. Straight out of the box you will be running 1600MHz @ CAS9-9-9-24, or run it at 1333 and tighten the timings to 8 or tighter if you reduce the speed even more. Check out this triple channel kit at Legion Hardware.
"Still the G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 CL9 (6GB) memory kit proved to be quite flexible managing CAS8 at 1333MHz and CAS7 at
1066MHz. Also keep in mind that G.Skill is asking just $220 US for this triple-channel memory kit which helps them to
undercut the competition. Furthermore at this price you will find quite a few DDR3-1333 memory kits anyway so it is
probably worth investing in this memory for the extra headroom."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Crucial DDR3 1333 Memory on X58 @ Bjorn3D
- A-DATA Vitesta DDR3-1333MHz 3GB Triple Channel Kit @ Tweaktown
- Elixir DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 4Gb Kit (with heat spreaders) @ CPU3D
- Exploring the impact of memory speed on Core i7
performance @ The Tech Report
- Xilence RAM Cooler HP Duo Dual
Heatpipe Passive Memory Cooler Review @ ThinkComputers
- Thermaltake - RamORB @
- G.Skill Pi Black PC2-6400 4GB Kit
Review @ DriverHeaven
- G.Skill 2x2GB PC2 6400
(F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B) @ Overclockers Online
Get notified when we go live!