The parade looks clear so far
Subject: Graphics Cards | June 19, 2008 - 09:41 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: parade, amd, nvidia
AMD screwed up; the HD 4850 went on sale in Europe before it should have, so everyone now knows what it is. They had no choice but to inflict a sleepless night on hardware reviewers, who had their NDA suddenly yanked out from under them. nVIDIA decided that they just had to try to piss on AMD's parade by moving up the release of the die shrunken 9800 GTX+. Guess what nVIDIA? No one has had time to review it, not even Ryan ... though he did get some information up.
Get the message about knee jerk release date changes yet?
"The AMD Radeon HD 4850 512MB card is a good performing card that is able to match both the GeForce 8800 GT and the 9800 GTX card in our initial preview of just a couple of major gaming titles. NVIDIA has some more tricks up their sleeve though with a little part called the GeForce 9800 GTX+ meant solely to rain on AMD's launch day parade. Whether or not that will pan out has yet to be seen."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- AMD Radeon HD 4850 @ Guru of 3D
- ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB Video Card Preview @ Legit Reviews
- Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 In Crossfire @ Tweaktown
- Radeon HD 4850 In Crossfire at 4GHz @ Tweaktown
- ATI Radeon HD 4850 exposed: we take a first look @ HEXUS
- ATI Radeon HD 4850 vs. Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX
- EVGA GeForce GTX 280 1GB FTW Edition @ motherboards.org
- Asus GTX260 and GTX280 Videocard Preview @ Rbmods
- NVIDIA GTX 280 & GTX 260 Technology Report @ TechARP
- XFX GTX 280 Video Card @ I4U
- Beyond Gaming - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 1GB GDDR3 @ Hardware Zone
- NVIDIA GeForce 280 GTX in Tri SLI Tested @ Tweaktown
- GTX 280 ForceWare 177.35 Performance @ Tweaktown
- GeForce GTX 280 Dual and Triple SLI @ Guru of 3D
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 Pipeline Update @ AnandTech
- BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC edition @ Guru of 3D
Get notified when we go live!