A brief update on Computex
Subject: Graphics Cards, Shows and Expos | May 31, 2011 - 08:59 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: computex, computex 2011, ocz, Intel, Ivy Bridge
You may have noticed with the new look to PC Perspective have come several new features, such as tags to group common topics together to make it easier to find them. The important tag right now is computex, which will group all of the news we have reported from Computex.
Ryan is not the only attendee of the conference, so in order to ensure you have enough information to keep you satiated over the day you can take a look at AnandTech's coverage as well. They spent time with OCZ, discussing the RevoDrive Hybrid, a standard 0.5/1TB platter based HDD and a Vertex 3 SSD on PCIe card, a form factor that Intel's SRT has made obsolete but is still interesting to see. The new PCIe based Z-Drive on the other hand can do very impressive things, the R4 88 has eight SF-2281 controllers in RAID 0! RevoDrives with TRIM support are also very nice to see. Intel talked about both the upcoming Ivy Bridge platform as well as their plans for USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt.
Stay tuned for more.
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- AMD is the fourth WARM, Windows 8 tablet partner @ SemiAccurate
- What's Killing Your Wi-Fi? @ Slashdot
- Is Fedora 15 Faster Than Ubuntu 11.04? @ Phoronix
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-WX9 Review @ TechReviewSource
- The TR Podcast 88: Exposing the midrange
- Apple drops secrecy, confirms iOS 5, iCloud on tap at WWDC 2011 @ Ars Technica
- Interview with Mark Doherty of Adobe @ t-break
- Bulldozer mobos from Asus and MSI: Sabertooth 990FX & 990FXA-GD80 @ The Tech Report
- The New Indilinx Everest SSD @ AnandTech
- A Quick Look at a 22nm Ivy Bridge Wafer @ AnandTech
Get notified when we go live!