A best of three HD 6950 battle royal
Subject: Graphics Cards | October 26, 2011 - 02:36 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: hd 6950, amd, gigabyte, msi, xfx, factory overclocked
Heading to The Tech Report will bring you to a round up of HD6950's including Gigabyte's GV-R695OC-1GD, the MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC and the XFX HD-695X-ZDDC. The GPU clocks range from 830MHz to 870MHz and RAM ranging from the stock 1250MHz to 1350MHz, with the MSI and XFX offering their own overclocking tools and Gigabyte relying on the Catalyst Control Center for further overclocking. MSI's offering came out looking very good, with the best performance and the best power efficiency and thanks to a mail in rebate it picks up the best ratings in the round up. It is a close race though with the cards performing very similarly, as you can see in the review.
"We've gathered three souped-up Radeon HD 6950 graphics cards from Gigabyte, MSI, and XFX. Which one delivers the most bang for your buck?"
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- Great Value from Sapphire: Radeon HD 6870 Dirt 3 Edition and Radeon HD 6850 Vapor-X @ X-bit Labs
- Inexpensive Hi-End: MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1 GD5 Power Edition/OC @ X-bit Labs
- Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 DiRT 3 Special Edition Review @ OCC
- AMD’s flagship HD6990: is silent air cooling possible? @ kitguru
- Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide @ TechARP
- Mobile GPU Comparison Guide @ X-bit Labs
- EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified 3 GB @ X-bit Labs
- Gigabyte GTX580 Super Overclock @ OC3D
- Palit GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo 1GB @ Tweaktown
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 550 Ti Video Card Drawing @ Legit Reviews
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti @ Phoronix
- Palit GTX 560 Ti Twin Light Turbo Graphics Card Review @ HardwareHeaven
Get notified when we go live!