XFX has a PSU for those looking to power multiple GPUs
Subject: Graphics Cards | January 27, 2012 - 12:13 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: PSU, kilowatt, 80 gold, modular psu, xfx, ProSeries 1250W
It seems a short while ago that we joked about 240V 10 amp plugs soon being required for high end machines which pull more than 1000W at peak usage. Now most major vendors offer at least one unit which can provide 1kW of power or more, and thankfully doesn't need you to hire an electrician to install it. XFX, who more often produce the video cards which require powering, has released a new PSU called the ProSeries 1250W. It is rated as an 80 PLUS Gold PSU, which testing showed to be accurate at high loads but not so much at lower power loads. As with most PSUs in this class it has as single 12V rail which is capable of delivering an impressive 104 amps. If you need this kind of wattage to power your next dream machine, check out TechPowerUp's review.
"XFX is well known for their graphic cards but for quite some time they are also into the PSU market with two series called classic and Pro. Today we will test the flagship unit of the Pro series which with 1250W capacity will easily power even the most demanding systems."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- NZXT HALE82 650W and 750W @ AnandTech
- NZXT HALE82 750-watt Power Supply @ Tweaktown
- FSP Aurum CM Series Gold 650W @ kitguru
- NZXT HALE82 850-watt Power Supply @ Tweaktown
- Antec High Current Gamer 620W Power Supply Review @ OCC
- Antec EarthWatts Platinum 650 W @ techPowerUp
- Thortech Thunderbolt Plus 800W Power Supply Unit Review @ eTeknix
- Super Flower Golden King 1000 W @ techPowerUp
- Lepa G500 Power Supply Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Corsair Individual Sleeved Modular PSU Cables @ Legit Reviews
Get notified when we go live!