We interrupt your Titan previews for a look at comparitive Catalyst version performance
Subject: Graphics Cards | February 19, 2013 - 03:09 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: amd, catalyst, 2012
Today might be Titan Preview Day as you can see from the links below as well as Ryan's article here, but [H]ard|OCP would like to offer you solid performance numbers instead. They took a look back at the Catalyst 12.x series of drivers that AMD GPU owners have been using over the past year. With the HD 7970 and HD 7950 they tested 7 of AMD's past drivers for performance on four popular games. The findings are fairly clear, after a poor start to the year AMD's drivers showed improved performance as the year went on, with leaps after games were released and the driver could be optimized for speed. The HD7970 did improve over the year but it was the 7950 that proved to receive the biggest gains.
"We continuing our look at driver performance improvements over time by evaluating AMD’s 2012 driver performances on both the AMD Radeon HD 7970 and HD 7950 video cards. We will see how drivers from the beginning of the year to the end of year have impacted real world gameplay performance . "
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX Titan, Part 1: Titan For Gaming, Titan For Compute @ AnandTech
- Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan Video Card Preview @ Ninjalane
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Video Card Preview @ Legit Reviews
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN; GK110’s Opening Act @ Hardware Canucks
- aming and Supercomputing Collide: NVIDIA Announces GeForce Titan @ Techgage
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Review @ OCC
- Asus GTX 660Ti DirectCU II TOP @ eTeknix
- EVGA GTX 650 Ti SSC 2 GB @ techPowerUp
Get notified when we go live!