Various Video Card Reviews
Subject: Graphics Cards | March 24, 2005 - 03:06 PM | Ryan Shrout
There are several GPU reviews that I got wind of this morning -- I'll list them all here for you to read.
- Firingsquad reviews 6 different X800 XL cards and compares them
- HardwareZone has a 5-way X700 card shootout
- PCStats takes a look at the ATI X800 XL card from Gigabyte
- The Albatron 6600 PCI Express card gets a poke and a prod from Hot Hardware
- Speaking of 6600 cards, Bjorn3D looks at the Leadtek version in single and SLI format
- Finally, Short-Media reviews the Sapphire X800 PCIe card
For the moment the Sapphire Radeon X800 PCI-Express video card lands right in the middle. It isn't a budget video card and it doesn't have the big ticket price of the high end video cards. It's a stock of sorts; one to watch. It wasn't too long ago that the 9800 PRO was a formidable product but it now falls far behind in comparison to the Sapphire Radeon X800. Back in November of 2003 the 9800 PRO launched at approximately $450 USD. If the Sapphire Radeon X800 can be purchased for around $250 USD, give or take $10 or $20, then the performance/price question has been smartly answered by Sapphire.