Tornado GeForce FX 5700 Ultra GDDR3 & More
Subject: Graphics Cards | May 16, 2004 - 05:17 AM | Andrew Kaiser
It's simply amazing how speedy the development cycle operates at in the IT industry. Here GDDR3 has hardly been out, and GDDR4 has already been revealed! Check the link below to read Guru3D's article.
Don't forget to check out Alienware's Dual PCI-Express technology!
Quote: "Why the use of third generation DDR memory? Simple, it has certain advantages over DDR1/2. First of all, lower voltage is needed to juice up the silicon. Less juice means less heat, so it can be clocked higher. For comparison, the original FX 5700 Ultra's memory chips were only rated to run at 450MHz and required 2.5V. The product we test today can run clock speeds up to 500MHz and on only 1.9V."
Here are some more Video Card reviews from around the web:
NVIDIA VIDEO CARDS
- Gecube All in Wonder 9600XT @ Red & Blackness
- Interview with ATI's Dave Orton @ Beyond 3D
- Gigabyte GV-R98P 128D @ A1 Electronics
- Gainward FX PowerPack Ultra/960 Golden Sample @ A1 Electronics
- PowerColor Radeon 9600XT @ FastLaneHW
- ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 XT @ ViperLair
- Gigabyte Radeon 9800XT @ Bjorn3D
- Albatron GeForceFX 5700P Turbo @ Legion Hardware
- PowerColor Radeon 9600XT Ultra @ PCStats
- ABIT Radeon 9800XT @ EnvyNews
- GDDR4 Knocking the Door @ X-Bit Labs
- Radeon X800 vs. GeForce 6800 @ NordicHardware
- Asus V9950 Ultra @ HighTekPC
- GeForce 6 Series Q&A with NVIDIA @ nV News
- Albatron 5700P Turbo
- HIS Radeon AIW 9600 & AIW 9600XT @ Hardware Avenue
- ATI's Radeon X800 PRO @ HEXUS