Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 HOF Hall of Fame brings back the white PCB

Subject: Graphics Cards | August 8, 2013 - 01:44 PM |
Tagged: galaxy, gtx 780, gk110, hall of fame

I remember the first time I saw a white PCB - it was on a Soyo motherboard built on a chipset that very few people reading this post today will remember.  Our friends at Galaxy just sent over word that its new GeForce GTX 780 3GB HOF (Hall of Fame) Edition card was now shipping and available at Amazon.com and TigerDirect.com sporting a fantastic looking white PCB!

As you probably know the GeForce GTX 780 is based on the same GK110 GPU as the GTX TITAN with fewer CUDA cores enabled and with a 3GB frame buffer it is definitely a step above other single-GPU offerings available (except the TITAN obviously).  Even better, the HOF Edition from Galaxy is overclocked to a base clock of 1006 MHz compared to the reference speed of 863 MHz!!  Galaxy claims this is the highest clocked air-cooled GTX 780 in the world!

You can learn more about the Galaxy GTX 780 HOF Edition over at its website or by heading over to Amazon.com and TigerDirect.com.

Source: Galaxy
August 8, 2013 | 04:43 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I know most people tend to like the darker or all black PCB's these days, but I really do wish they'd make more colorful cards. I love the White look, looks so refreshing and subtly sells the cooler factor with its winter snow theme :P.

So as long as it keeps things chill it lives up to the color.

August 8, 2013 | 05:08 PM - Posted by aps (not verified)

Ryan - how are we supposed to help contribute to your site when you don't put the affiliate links for Amazon in your product links? :)

August 8, 2013 | 06:00 PM - Posted by Ryan Shrout

A good point!  I think the Newegg links are setup for that but not Amazon...

August 8, 2013 | 11:43 PM - Posted by John_Gr (not verified)

I still remember an Albatron Ti4800SEV 128ΜΒ ViVo AGP white PCB card. I think it was the first time I ever saw BGA memory chips. That white PCB was just from another planet. Loved it.

This is the card with white PCB

This is the card with a typical blue PCB

Damn, I shouldn't have sold it, but I was changing cards every 3-6 months back then.

August 8, 2013 | 11:56 PM - Posted by ThorAxe

I remember when Sapphire made motherboards for ATI that had white PCBs with red slots.

August 9, 2013 | 03:33 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

If you can get a ahold of one please do a live review soon! :D Or maybe a non reference 780 showdown. Evga's Classified vs Msi's Lightning vs Asus' Direct CU II vs Galaxys HOF.

August 9, 2013 | 09:18 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

:drooling:

August 9, 2013 | 01:54 PM - Posted by arbiter

Difference between this and evga classified won't be very much, as clocks are almost the same just 13mhz.

August 9, 2013 | 07:23 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

It's 2013, yet almost every video card still faces down instead of sexy side up.

Some video cards even have nice graphics or designs on them that once installed onto the mono, you'll never see through your side window.

Why?

August 9, 2013 | 07:54 PM - Posted by Tim Verry

I've been asking this very question for years :). I guess it's a case of "it it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

August 9, 2013 | 11:38 PM - Posted by HeavyG (not verified)

I actually bought the EK backing plates for my Titans for this exact reason. Not only do the EK plates serve as a VRAM heatsink for the Titans, but they look super sleek and hide the ugly PCB.

August 9, 2013 | 02:23 PM - Posted by tim (not verified)

Looks good...tired of seeing all these sheep painting everything on their cars black.

December 7, 2013 | 12:41 PM - Posted by TheDude (not verified)

OMG I want this white PCB video card. I should have gotten this

This remind me back of the day with sollatek white motherboard and plus of the cell phones days that people have a white and black phone ;)