Dissatisfaction with ATI grows
Subject: Graphics Cards | October 4, 2005 - 12:22 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Not only have their recent tendency to release frequent product "paper launches" started to engender much discussion among tech sites, they have also reduced the length of their warranty on newly sold cards. LegitReviews has an article posted discussing this little noticed change. Could these developments undo the work ATI has put into restoring their name and reputation after the driver issues from several years back?
"ATI silently lowered its warranty from three years down to a single year on the majority of their desktop graphics cards, which has created some upset and confused consumers. The warranty change was found by consumers who visited the Warranty Service and Repair page on ATI's website. Cutting warranties is nothing new as many will recall..."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- Not another CrossFire Editorial! Beating the Dead Horse - ATI's CrossFire @ Penstarsys
- HIS ICEQII Radeon X800GT Turbo PCI Express Videocard Review @ Tweaknews.net
- Leadtek PX7800 TDH MyVIVO Extreme @ hardCOREware
- HIS Radeon X800GT IceQ Review @ OCC
- Ryan's own CrossFire Editorial - PCPer
Get notified when we go live!