Adding to the sub-$100 GPU market with the Radeon 6670 and 6570
Subject: Graphics Cards | April 19, 2011 - 10:08 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: turks, northern islands, gpu, amd
The new Turk based Radeon HD 6670 and HD 6570 are intended to replace the Redwood-based HD 5670 and HD 5570 at a price of $99 and $79 respectively. The cards are very similar to the cards they replace so you should not expect miracles from them. They do have reduced power draw and are both low profile cards making them a good choice for HTPCs and AnandTech is quick to point out that these are the fastest cards not requiring an external power supply on the market right now.
"Two weeks ago we saw the paper launch of the Radeon HD 6450, the low-end member of AMD’s Northern Islands family of GPUs. It was a solid product for HTPC use and a very notable improvement over the 5450 it replaced, but it was an uncharacteristically delayed launch for AMD. At the same time we noted that the Northern Islands family had one more GPU we had not seen: Turks."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- Sapphire Radeon HD6570 @ Techware Labs
- HIS IceQ X HD 6850 Review @ t-break
- AMD's Sub-$100 Line-up: Radeon HD 6450, 6570 & 6670 Review @ Techgage
- Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 and HD 6570 @ Tweaktown
- AMD Radeon HD 6670 & HD 6570 Review @ Neoseeker
- AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB & HD 6570 512MB Review @ Hardware Canucks
- AMD Radeon HD 6670 1 GB @ techPowerUp
- AMD Radeon HD 6450 & 6570: The Line-up is Complete @ InsideHW
- AMD Radeon HD 6450 1 GB @ techPowerUp
- XFX's Radeon HD 6950 1GB takes on Zotac's GeForce GTX 560 Ti AMP @ The Tech Report
Get notified when we go live!