AMD Catalyst 14.6 RC is now available
Subject: Graphics Cards | June 24, 2014 - 07:00 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: amd, beta, Catalyst 14.6 RC
Starting with AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta, AMD will no longer support Windows 8.0 (and the WDDM 1.2 driver) so Windows 8.0 users should upgrade to Windows 8.1, AMD Catalyst 14.4 will continue to work on Windows 8.0.
The WDDM 1.1 Windows 7 driver currently works on Win 7 and in a future release will be used to install updated drivers under Windows 8.0.
Features of the lastest Catalyst include:
- Plants vs. Zombies (Direct3D performance improvements):
- AMD Radeon R9 290X - 1920x1080 Ultra – improves up to 11%
- AMD Radeon R9290X - 2560x1600 Ultra – improves up to 15%
- AMD Radeon R9290X CrossFire configuration (3840x2160 Ultra) - 92% scaling
- 3DMark Sky Diver improvements:
- AMD A4 6300 – improves up to 4%
- Enables AMD Dual Graphics / AMD CrossFire support
- Grid Auto Sport: AMD CrossFire profile
- Power Xpress profile
- Performance improvements to improve smoothness of application
- Watch Dogs: AMD CrossFire – Frame pacing improvements
- Battlefield Hardline Beta: AMD CrossFire profile
Get notified when we go live!