AMD Catalyst 14.6 RC is now available

Subject: Graphics Cards | June 24, 2014 - 07:00 PM |
Tagged: amd, beta, Catalyst 14.6 RC

Starting with AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta, AMD will no longer support Windows 8.0 (and the WDDM 1.2 driver) so Windows 8.0 users should upgrade to Windows 8.1, AMD Catalyst 14.4 will continue to work on Windows 8.0.

The WDDM 1.1 Windows 7 driver currently works on Win 7 and in a future release will be used to install updated drivers under Windows 8.0.

Features of the lastest Catalyst include:

• Plants vs. Zombies (Direct3D performance improvements):
    • AMD Radeon R9 290X - 1920x1080 Ultra – improves up to 11%
    • AMD Radeon R9290X - 2560x1600 Ultra – improves up to 15%
    • AMD Radeon R9290X CrossFire configuration (3840x2160 Ultra) - 92% scaling
  • 3DMark Sky Diver improvements:
    • AMD A4 6300 – improves up to 4%
    • Enables AMD Dual Graphics / AMD CrossFire support
  • Grid Auto Sport: AMD CrossFire profile
  • Wildstar:
    • Power Xpress profile
    • Performance improvements to improve smoothness of application
  • Watch Dogs: AMD CrossFire – Frame pacing improvements
  • Battlefield Hardline Beta: AMD CrossFire profile

Get the driver and more information right here.

Source: AMD
June 24, 2014 | 09:01 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Did they fix the DisplayPort issues?

I'm still running 13.12 to fire up my LG 34um95 that Josh wants so bad.
And i have to use the old driver because none of the new ones works...

June 25, 2014 | 04:04 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Have fun waiting on decent drivers from AMD lol (non-existent)

June 25, 2014 | 06:19 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Well it doesnt matter if you run an AMD or a Nvidia card, i had issues with both in the past. The AMD drivers were quite decent in the lately, the DP issue is my only complaint for now.

June 25, 2014 | 11:32 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I installed this driver yesterday and it's working fine with my 7950 graphics card connected to my one year old 24" LG IPS monitor through the DisplayPort connector.

June 25, 2014 | 03:45 PM - Posted by Patrick3D (not verified)

14.4 gave me a BSOD, had a helluva time getting it fully uninstalled and scrubbed from my system before I could get 14.6 to install. Seems to be working fine outside of some odd glitches during long Hearthstone sessions. The screen appears to jump to the right a few millimeters every once and a while.