AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta is now available
Subject: Graphics Cards | August 1, 2013 - 02:54 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: frame pacing, Catalyst 13.8 Beta, catalyst, beta, amd
Yes, you too can now benefit from the Frame Pacing which Ryan has been testing and posted the results to. For anyone with a multi-GPU system using Radeon cards this is an update worth installing as you will see a significant benefit to your gaming experience, along with the other benefits that the new Catalyst offers.
Highlights of the Windows AMD Catalyst™ 13.8 Beta release:
Support for CrossFire Frame Pacing
- Frame Pacing ensures that frames rendered across multiple GPUs in a CrossFire configuration will be displayed at an even and regular pace
- Enabled through the AMD Catalyst Control Center; Globally or on a per application basis
- Supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications and resolutions up and including 2560x1600 (single display)
- OpenGL 4.3 support – full support for the OpenGL 4.3 feature set
Performance improvements found in AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta:
- Metro Last Light – Improves performance up to 7% on the AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series
OpenGL support for User Profiles and Catalyst Application Profiles:
- Users can now create per application 3D setting profiles for OpenGL applications
- OpenGL applications are now supported through Catalyst Application Profile updates (for single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations)
- AMD Enduro Technology enhancement – The AMD Catalyst Control Center now shows which applications are active on the Performance GPU and the Power saving GPU
Windows Catalyst Package: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-8WINBetaDriver....
Highlights of the Linux AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta release:
This release of AMD Catalyst™ Linux introduces support for the following new features:
- OpenGL 4.3 – full support for the OpenGL 4.3 feature set
- SLED11 SP3 support
- PowerXpress A+I support with Intel Haswell on SLED11 SP3
- Dynamic primary surface resizing
- Kernel 3.10 support
Resolved Issue highlights:
- Enduro Technology on AMD + AMD Ubuntu platforms
- Source Engine games hang when running on the High Performance ASIC
- Maya 2011-2013 – Various visual corruptions issues have been resolved
- Maya 2011-2013 – Mesh/Polygons selection performance has been improved
- Unigine Heaven – Intermittent Crashes have been resolved
- Unigine Heaven – Performance has been improved up to 11% on single GPU configurations
- Left 4 Dead 2 – Visual corruption issues have been resolved
- Visual artifacts are no longer seen with XvBA playback and CABAC=No
“Testing use Only” watermark has been removed.
Linux Catalyst Package: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-8LINBetaDriver....
Get notified when we go live!