AMD Catalyst 11.7 Windows release and 11.8 preview
Subject: Graphics Cards | July 27, 2011 - 03:24 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: catalyst, amd
You can get the official 11.7 Catalyst driver from AMD right here, just make sure to pick the right OS version.
Resolved issue highlights:
- All issues experienced with mouse cursor lag have been resolved
- Log event (Event ID 62464) issues when playing video content have been resolved
- Resolves system hangs seen in the AMD Catalyst™ 11.6 driver on specific HDMI and DP displays
- Bluray playback using PowerDVD 10 under High Performance mode no longer randomly displays a blank screen.
- Some Divx format files no longer display video corruption using WinDVD.
- AMD SteadyVideo is now applied to Home Video clips using WinDVD 10.
- Chequerboard corruption is no longer displayed intermittently when playing DirectX 10 titles in a Crossfire configuration and Eyefinity enabled.
- Shogun II now renders the cinematics correctly when run in various Eyefinity configurations.
- Video playback now works correctly when Hardware acceleration is enabled with VLC Player version 1.1.9.
- Crossfire now functions correctly when playing Hamilton’s Great Adventure.
- PowerDVD now correctly handles 3D Bluray content. Portal 2 no longer displays flickering on water surface textures with Medium and Low Shader detail settings.
Highlights of the Linux AMD Catalyst™ 11.7 release include:
This release of AMD Catalyst™ Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems:
- RHEL 5.7 support (early look)
- Ubuntu 11.04 production support
Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.8 preview driver include:
- Enables AMD HD3D technology support on DisplayPort panels, such as Samsung 750 and 950 series 3D displays.
- Improves performance up to 10% in Crysis 2 DirectX 11 version for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
- Improves performance up to 8% in Fear 3 DirectX 11 version with application enabled Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
- Improves performance up to 30% when AMD’s Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) is enabled through the Catalyst™ Control Center on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
The AMD Catalyst 11.8 Preview driver can be found here: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst118DriverPreview.aspx
Get notified when we go live!