But your honour, they needed killing
Subject: General Tech | November 14, 2006 - 05:12 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
If the link to a news story at The Inquirer is correct you can thank just 10 people for all the \/|@GR/\ emails that greet you every morning. All of the cries that spam will kill email and trusted email signatures and the various other ways people have tried to design to combat the problem seem out of proportion. All we need to do is find these 10 people and their zombie hordes.
"TEN WELL AIMED silver bullets would take care of 80 per cent of the world's spam, according to the anti-spam organisation Spamhause.
According to Security Pro News, Spamhause thinks that there are only ten people that are responsible for most of the spam in the world.
The worst is a "multi-aliased spammer" known variously as Alex or Alexey who lives in the Ukraine. Alex is alleged to work with Russian spam
bandits called Pavka/Artofit, which use spam bots to churn out junk"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- HOW TO - Make a DVD burner into a
High-Powered laser @ MAKE:Blog
- Scientists Find New Painkiller From Saliva @
- Every Vista computer can have its own domain name @
flaw could allow Wi-Fi hijacks @ CNET
- Supercomputing Show 2006 Coverage @ TechwareLabs
- How To Get More Power From A Wireless Router @ The TechZone
- Vista Patchguard: A Waste
of Time? @ OSWeekly
- Woz, His Passion and NeXT @
- Samsung's BlackJack: A Motorola Q Killer @ CoolTechZone
- Hot, New
Diamond Crusted Motorola KRZR @ CoolTechZone
- Cell Phones Should Be Free, Stupid Google
- Albatron Mini-ITX Mobo turned into Car PC @ Tweaktown