For when you aren't gaming until 4am
Subject: General Tech | September 6, 2007 - 12:22 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
If you don't turn your PC off at night, and you don't actually have it doing anything during that time, PC Mechanic has some suggestions for you. They range from basic automated maintenance tasks to setting up downloads and rendering machines.
Of course, that won't be a problem for most PC Perspective members, as they know better than that, and are all doing very productive things with their unused cycles.
"But, what do you do with your PC in the wee hours? It can just sit there and hum, doing nothing. But, that is a
waste of electricity. If you’re going to leave it on, you might as well have it doing something useful, right? So,
let’s look at some ways of putting your computer’s time to use when you are counting sheep and studying the backs of
your eyelids. Your computer doesn’t need any sleep, so let’s see what we can do to keep it busy."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Vista SP1 - are we there
yet? @ Via Arena
- Stormworm thunders on @ The Inquirer
- Pfizer's computers zombied @ The
- icrosoft Fails With Windows Live SkyDrive @ OSWeekly
- Xandros Means Business: Exchanges Protocols With Microsoft @ OSWeekly
- HP to Kill Dell with Linux PCs @
- Copy? Right... @ TechARP
- Diamond XtremeTV USB 2.0 TV Tuner @
- Automatix Backlash: Why the Hate? @ OSWeekly
- CEDIA 2007 - Day 1: Us vs.
Monster Cable, Sony's New Projectors and Toshiba on HD-DVD @ AnandTech
- CEDIA 2007 - Day 1: JVC's New
1080p Projectors @ AnandTech
- Austin GDC 07:
Interview with CCP Games @ Techgage
- Austin GDC 07: Building Bridges - Next-Generation Community Management @ Techgage
Get notified when we go live!