The rumours of VIA's desktop demise ...
Subject: General Tech | January 7, 2008 - 11:54 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
mean nothing to VIA Arena. Just because the company has announced that their chipset business is being rolled up into the processor division doesn't mean there will be a lack of support for enthusiasts that still have classic VIA chipsets. VIA Arena has finished creating their brand new forums, which you can sign into for the first time, or simply change your password if you already have a user there.
As well, the brand new Hyperion 2.30A drivers are out, so pick them up.
"We are very pleased to launch new forums for VIA Arena today. They are part of a new broader forum community called Tech
Knowledge Arena. Using the tried and true vBulletin forum software, all memberships from the old VIA Arena forums have
been imported to the new forum.
If that's not exciting enough, watch out! Today we also have new Hyperion Pro drivers, version 5.15A. The update to these
drivers is the VIA Falcon Storage Device driver which is now at version 2.30A"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- OpenMoko FreeRunner: a win for phone freedom @ Ars Technica
- Sapphire's Atomic 3870 engineering preps way for
QuadFire @ HEXUS.tv
- Nyko Intercooler for Playstation 3 Review @
- Microsoft's Secret Love for Mac Users @ CoolTechZone
- Advice: Don't Switch to OS X @ CoolTechZone
- One Reason Why Leopard Trumps Windows @ CoolTechZone
3: Why Bother to Upgrade? @ OSWeekly
- Microsoft: So Large to Ignore Management Mishaps @ OSWeekly
Users Wait for OS Upgrades @ OSWeekly
- Linux Time Machine Alternative Reviewed @
Get notified when we go live!